The esophagus helps move the food from the back of the throat and to the stomach in order to be digested. Esophageal cancer is a type of cancer that grows in your esophagus and assists in swallowing the food from the back of your throat and to your stomach in order to facilitate digestion. This type of cancer generally begins in the cells that line the inside of your esophagus. The tumor can develop anywhere along the esophagus and is more commonly seen in men as opposed to women. Getting timely esophageal cancer treatment can help you to get back to life faster. Denvax is the best hospital in Delhi for personalised esophageal cancer treatment in India. Here, you can avail of the best treatment for esophageal cancer.
People suffer from various types of esophagus cancer. And depending on the form, the doctors determine the esophagus cancer treatment:
This is the type of esophagus cancer seen in patients. It develops in the glandular cells that are not generally present in the lining of your esophagus. Barrett’s esophagus is the phenomenon that leads to such growth in cells.
It is a rare form of esophagus cancer that grows in the neuroendocrine cells. It is a cell type that releases hormones into your bloodstream when receiving signals from the nerves.
It is the second most common type of esophaguscancer, which starts in squamous cells and grows uncontrollably. These forms of cancer are strongly associated with smoking and consuming excessive alcohol.
Based on the below symptoms, the doctor will determine the best esophagus cancer treatment in India:
● Heartburn and indigestion
● Chest pain
● Weight loss
● Pain or difficulty while swallowing
In order to diagnose this cancer, doctors will assess the medical history, symptoms, and overall health at that time. Post this; you will be recommended with a test that will further determine what esophagus cancer treatment in India –
● Endoscopy – The doctor will pass an endoscope, which is a thin tube down the throat into the esophagus for examination. This ultrasound leverages sound waves to offer more information about the tumor.
● Barium Swallow X-Ray – In this, the patients have to drink a liquid, which layers the esophagus. It accentuates the esophagus in the X-rays in order to assess the problems.
● Biopsy – The doctors remove tissue or cells during endoscopy from the esophagus. These cells are assessed under a microscope to identify the presence of cancer.
After the diagnosis, the doctors will determine the stage of cancer. The higher the stage, the more advanced cancer will be. And the stage will determine the treatment for esophageal cancer:
● Stage 0 – At this stage, there is a growth of abnormal cells on the top layer that line the esophagus.
● Stage 1– Cancer cells are found in the layers of cells that go through the esophagus.
● Stage 2 – In this stage, cancer has reached the layers of the muscles or the outer layer of your esophagus. Additionally, cancer may also have spread to the lymph nodes.
● Stage 3 – At this stage, cancer has reached deeper into your inner layer of the muscle or the connective tissue wall.
● Stage 4 – This is the most advanced stage in which cancer has reached lymph nodes and body organs.
After the diagnosis following are the options for esophagus cancer treatment, you will be provided:
● Radiation therapy
● Targeted therapy
● Photodynamic therapy