Breast cancer is a form of cancer cells that grow in your breast. It develops when the cells start to grow uncontrollably and tends to form a tumor that is generally visible through an X-ray or even felt as a lump. While breast cancer predominantly occurs in women, men can also suffer from breast cancer. Most breast cancers are benign; instead of being actual cancer. However, sometimes a benign breast lump can alleviate the chances of developing breast cancer. Therefore, it is important to get the best and the latest breast cancer treatment.
A breast cancer doctor in Delhi would first determine the type of breast cancer the patient is suffering from. here are the types of breast cancer –
1. Lobular Carcinoma In Situ
2. Ductal Carcinoma In Situ
1. Invasive ductal carcinoma
2. Locally advanced breast cancer
3. Invasive lobular carcinoma
4. Metastatic breast cancer
5. Paget’s disease of the nipple
6. Phyllodes tumors of the breast
7. Inflammatory breast cancer
Symptoms that patients experience is another huge factor that determines breast cancer treatment in India.
● Dimpling of the breast skin or irritation
● Changes in the shape or size of the breast
● Pain in the nipple area.
● Flaky skin or redness on the nipple is on the breast
● Formation of a lump in the breast or underarms.
● Swelling in the parts of the breast.
If you experience any of these symptoms, ensure to see a doctor and get the right treatment for the same.
If the doctors suspect breast cancer, they will perform diagnostic tests in order to assess the condition. Based on this examination, breast cancer treatment in India is recommended for you.
● Breast Exam – The doctor will check both the breasts as well as lymph nodes in the armpits. This is performed to check for lumps or any abnormalities.
● Breast Ultrasound – It uses sound waves to generate pictures of structures present deep within the body.
● Mammogram – This test is basically an x-ray of your breast. If an abnormality is detected, further diagnosis is suggested to evaluate the issue.
● Breast Magnetic Resonance Imaging – An MRI leverages radio waves and magnets to generate images of the breast from within.
● Biopsy – In this, the doctor uses a specialized needle device, which is supported by the X-ray in order to extract the tissue from the suspected area.
There are multiple stages of breast cancer that determine its severity. And based on what stage the patient is at, the doctor will recommend breast cancer treatment India.
● Stage 0 – This is the stage where cancer has just been diagnosed in the milk glands or breast ducts.
● Stage 1 – Cancer has begun to attack the healthy tissue by spreading into the fatty breast tissue.
● Stage 2 – The tumor is small and has not spread to the lymph nodes.
● Stage 3 – Although cancer has advanced, it has not spread to the lymph nodes.
● Stage 4 – Cancer has advanced further and spread from the breast to the lymph nodes and nearby regions such as lungs, liver, brain, and bones.
When determining the breast cancer treatment, the following are the options you will be provided –
● Breast Cancer Surgery (mastectomy, lumpectomy, axillary lymph node dissection,sentinel node biopsy, and removing the breasts)
● Radiation Therapy
● Hormone therapy
● Targeted therapy drugs